I’m a software developer with a background in natural language processing, statistics, and machine learning. I’ve contributed my data science skills to introduce real, pragmatic solutions to difficult problems in data processing and analysis. I also have experience performing exploratory data mining and creating interactive visualizations. I have developed and maintained data-intensive web apps, and have also pursued novel methods of acquiring and mining new data.
My passion is designing & building conduits of information. The goal is to make complex data available to experts who are researching it. Hopefully, this in turn empowers them to reach and educate non-experts.
Note: many of these links are to archived versions of the sites, due to the closing of Sunlight Labs
- Freelon, D., Becker, A., Lannon, B., & Pendleton, A. (2016). Narrowing the Gap:
Gender and Mobilization in Net Neutrality Advocacy. International Journal Of Communication, 10, 23.
- Hasty, D., Hesson, A., Wagner, S. & Lannon, R (2012). Finding needles in the right haystack: Double modals in medical consultations. Penn Working Papers in Linguistics, 18.
- McDonough, C., Song, L., Hirsh-Pasek, K., Golinkoff, R. & Lannon,R (2011). An image is worth a thousand words: why nouns tend to dominate verbs in early word learning. Developmental Science,14.
Works in Progress
- Chartoff (embeddable, responsive d3.js graphs using Sunlight Style Guide)
- Validscrape (config-based scraping with validation)